Sunday, March 10, 2013

No Trigger for Me!

I got a very, very pleasant surprise today when I tested with my OPK. Last cycle, I did not see an LH surge, so I had to use an hCG trigger to force my body to release the egg that had matured.

This time, I followed doctors orders by knowing-that-it-was-going-to-be-negative-so-why-am-I-wasting-my-time testing (TTC ladies will understand what I mean by that). And, shockingly, I saw this staring up at me! 
You can tell it's positive because the test line on the left is as dark, if not darker, than the control line on the right.
Or, if you don't want to guess the results with the lines, you can just read the digital window. I love that little smiley face! 
This is the earliest I have ever had a positive OPK, since I am only cycle day 12, so that added to my surprise. I still didn't believe it was a real positive for some reason, so I tested again a few hours later, and it was positive again! I can feel confident in saying that I have had an LH surge, and that I will ovulate all by myself this time! I still have an appointment tomorrow for an ultrasound. They will look to see how many follicles, if any, matured this month. Then we can know my risk of multiples in case I get pregnant this month. I may ask if I can still use my hCG trigger, because I have read a lot about how much the hCG helps with implantation if the egg were to be fertilized. I will take all the help I can get. This is exciting! Onto my two week wait!

No comments: