Tuesday, May 14, 2013

IUI 2 Done, and Interview

As of this afternoon, we have done everything we can for this cycle. We had IUI #2 done with a final sperm count of 25 million (which is great!). We had one follicle mature on the right again, which is good and bad. My RE was a bit concerned that my follicles have been maturing on the right three months in a row. He said that my body may be compensating for a problem that is happening on the left, which is possibly causing the blockage, and that it may also be compromising the right side. He said statistically for me, since we have good sperm count, IUI should work in the first three tries, and that if it doesn't there may be another problem altogether. We're just hoping that it works this time so we don't have to worry about it!

Also, last week, John and I were interviewed by a reporter with the local newspaper about our journey for a story that will be published either tomorrow or Friday. I am very nervous about it! I felt like the interview went well, but after I kept thinking to myself, "I can't believe I said that!" and "I wish I had clarified/explained that more." The reporter was very kind, so I think she'll write a good article. I'm just very anxious to read it! I hope to see some good feedback and support from the community. 

After it's published I will put a link to it on here so you can read it. I don't know if I will be able to sleep tonight!


No comments: